THE NOT-QUITE-SO-LUCKY COUNTRY?
- New research by the Australian Council of Social Services reveals that 1 in 8 Australians is living below the poverty line – a figure that is on the rise.
- This includes 1 in 6 children and 1 in 3 children of single-parent families.
- These are a mind-blowing statistics, given that we are meant to be one of the wealthiest countries in the world.
- The media reports these facts as if nothing can be done about them.
- Living by a properly-planned budget, though, is a proven way of becoming better off – no matter how much or how little you earn.